Tuesday 5 March 2013

Kale-Chickpeas-Capsicum Salad

Kale-Chickpeas-Capsicum Salad

First recipe using Kale....New entrant to my diet plan....I choose one new item per month and add to my diet. "Pick your goal & work one at a time". This is my rule & it applies to small things to bigger changes in my overall goal.


  1. Wash & dry Kale. Remove stem and cut into small pieces. Squeeze lemon and add salt such that it spreads to every leaf. Keep it aside for 15 to 20 mts.(You can add any variety of green leaves like spinach, lettuce, Romanian/Italian mixed salad leaves)
  2. Soak Chickpeas for 4 to 5 hrs and steam cook it with salt.
  3. Cut capsicums into small cubes. Choose different colors which will give a tempting look. 
  4. Mix the lemon marinated kale, boiled chickpeas & cut capsicums for a healthy salad. You can add Chicken breast or Scrambled eggs to it.
Kale with lemony flavor.....crunchy capsicums & yummy chick peas in between tastes awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment