Saturday 31 May 2014

My competitor is what I was yesterday...

2012 June I started walking - for no reason...I still remember the first day when I went for 15mts of walk & came back, Kamal laughed at me(lol...but eventually he turned to be my greatest support).

Walking with no target. I did not weigh myself. I did not measure inches...Just walked for 1 & half hrs everyday.
I first weighed myself in a regular doctor check up & found 10lbs down with 3 months of walking!!! Kamal did not believe it and he asked me to re-weigh...haha...

That moment something struck my thoughts. I wanted to change. I realized my body is something awesome and I need to treat it. The next week I started running with goals. First day when I ran - I couldn't run more than 5 minutes continuous. I had to make frequent stops and sipped on the water frequently. But somehow I progressed.

It used to be very painful. I tell friends that I felt like someone hit my legs hard with an iron rod. I used to walk like a zombie....At some point lifting my legs to get into car was very painful...I used to sit on the car and then lift one leg at a time by supporting with hands...But I never stopped. Those were days I was so determined. I learnt strength training moves and using weights

I should say I did everything for my body.

Its just not physical...I read a lot...a lot about healthy living, moves, body form while doing the moves, recipes what not...!!! I still read...sometimes lots of research before doing a new move..(Its difficult without a professional trainer...but as a mom of two I don't have time to step out of home and learn)

I worked out throughout my second pregnancy...I never excused. Even the day before I went into labor, I still remember those lovely squats..300 squats triggered my labor perfectly...:-)

It takes a person lots of efforts to adopt healthy living but just one moment of realization.

I am not perfect...not near to some ladies I know who are so much awesome looking...But its me!! I will be on my own pace. I still struggle with emotional eating...but I am getting better...

My competitor is what I was yesterday.








No comments:

Post a Comment