Saturday 20 September 2014

Sun light and Fresh Air

When I delivered my second son, I did not have my mom with me..Neither my husband nor my dad knows new born handling...So its all about me and my little baby and I need to handle my elder one's possessiveness. I was all worried that I will fall into postpartum depression as the situations assured more possibilities.

When I say handling baby all alone - Yes its typically all alone. I did not have enough sleep as I nurse the baby, change his diaper, make him sleep just an hour in between - he wakes up again...this continues(Kamal learnt diaper changing after a month or so..:-) ). Tharun wants me to feed him food/hug him/help him on his school works/sometimes drop or pick from school....& of course his feelings takes priority than my rest.

My doctor(Diana Joy Friend from Kaiser Permanente) was a very friendly person. She shares her thoughts/experiences as a mom than a doctor. That's the best part in her. Breast feeding until baby self weans, being fit during pregnancy, mood handling....what not she discussed....!!! She is an indirect impact to me to continue my professional life.

Ok back to the story on postpartum handling....The day I got discharged, I asked her what should I do when I feel depressed. She said sit in sunlight and breathe fresh air. Simple but strong solution.

I did it everyday. I sit in sunlight and breathe fresh air just for 10 minutes.... It just relieved all my pressure and I was able to handle my recovery and the baby all alone.

Now this is the anti-depressant I use frequently...Sit relaxed in sunlight, close my eyes, forget every thing, just do 3 times deep breath...then just sit with normal breathing for 10 minutes (watch the things around sky, clouds, trees, flowers, animals, people)...done!!

Try it friends, it works!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment