Wednesday 3 April 2013

I know her....She is my old me...


  Photo taken on 28th May 2012


I know her....she is my old me...:-).....---This line suits my "past" photo perfectly.

It was taken 10 months ago...2012 Memorial weekend.....I was 143lbs(64.86kgs).

If someone asks me how did I realize & suddenly became a health freak...I have no answer because I started with no expectations. I never expected my body would react so much to clean eating & workout.

My husband is a regular gym hitter but have no practice on clean eating...He eats no junk at the same time not the right proportion of food. So I had no perfect role model in my front.

The only thing that made me kick start is my health. I had gestational diabetics when I was pregnant and got a hint from doctor that I might become risky to cholesterol...I was overweight. what else is remaining...Heart attack!!! lol...

I started with walking for 30mts. I strongly believe, in no thing in this world, a person can become an expert in Day 1. I see people all of a sudden doing a strict dieting(only fruits, only juice!!!) or going to gym & using all sorts of equipment. I also see them totally stopped in a week. Reason is...You cannot directly climb to the 10th step. At least in my case, I cannot.

Progression is important. Progression brings in perfection. Slow & controlled should be the mantra... (Because its going to be slowed process, never delay to start.)

I increased my walking time to 1hr. I did daily for 3 months. As I said I never had an expectation. When I weighed myself during a doctor visit, I was 133lbs....Its 10lbs lost for 3 months....Surprise!!!....Kamal did not believe me until I showed him the printed health report with weight & BMI.....;-)

That is the point I realized my body nature. I started understanding it. I was motivated by myself.
Understanding your body is really important. 

I progressed to jogging. First thing I did...bought jogging pants & tops, perfect shoes....I would say making ourself  "look perfect" for what we do--really helps us....(This is the point I started to spend anything for progression....let it be money, time...u name it!!!).

As I said, no one can be an expert in Day 1. When I started, I hardly could jog continuously...I used to jog for 5mts. Then I make a big stop for 3mts. Again run for 5mts. Stop for 3mts....This was my Day 1. I still remember it because I went out at 11AM and suffered more due to hot sun than jogging...:-)

I slowly progressed in jogging. Important thing is to keep trying. Now I can jog half an hour continuously at my own speed for an hour in total. So its two half an hour jogging with 5mts break in between. I still "Jog" not "Run"...I need to progress.....

My weight was constantly dropping with thumb rule of one lb per week (1 lb = 0.453592kg). I read so much about food, diet, workout. I developed my knowledge.

I started calculating BMI, BMR, Body Fat percentage. I changed my entire routine. I focused on each & every tip that will give a change. (I will post those points soon in another post...Don't assume I ate less....will clarify everything soon....:-) ). 

I removed all junk from my food plan. Weighing Scale was my motivation when I was in losing phase. 

It was December end...I became 116lbs(52.61kgs) and I am sticking to it.

Yes Sticking...Maintaining....Its the next challenge. I don't want to lose. But I need to correct the problem areas. Strength training is the solution. Laura London became my guru. I started with her easy videos and now I can do almost all of them. Its must for everyone who want to look fit to weight train and at the same time Cardio is must. 

Few of the ladies I met used to tell me that they don't want to get bulky.....weight training wont make us bulky. If we need a toned body, we need to weight train. We need to convert the fat into muscle apart from burning some of them.....So weight + Cardio is must for attaining toned body.

Now along with Laura's exercises, I do Be Fit's workouts. Mirror & measuring tape are my motivators during this maintenance phase.

Again, I am not perfect. I just focus on progression. I have equal responsibilities at office & home. I have my own challenges. But the thing is I try to solve my problems and overcome the challenges. I fail many times but I stand up the next moment. I am not doing everything with ease....There are days I walk like a zombie due to pain in legs. There are days where I do not get sleep due to muscle pain. There are days where I cannot extend my hands to feed Tharun due to pain in biceps & triceps.  Choose your path and work towards it one at a time.

I am currently on "Be Fit in 30 Extreme" program. Level 1 is successfully progressed. Moving on to Level 2 next week. Wish me luck...no....motivation...Wish me motivation...:-)

                                                      Photo taken on 24th March 2013

4 comments:

  1. you are a real inspiration ! rather than seeing fitness results from an unknown person/ model, it is great to see fitness result from a person I know! Did you start eating clean during your initial 1hr walking days or after that? I mean to ask did you start changing your food habits immediately after you started walking? is "be fit in 30 extreme"a gym program or your own program?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thanks for visiting my blog....& thank u for the appreciaton....;-)....to answer your question, I did not change my food habits completely during first 3 months....but I did stop eating cheese, cream, cake, white rice....but I wasn't eating 5 times a day....I used to eat just before goibg to bed....I was not concious about having right proportion of food.....:-)....I corrected all these during my jogging period.....I will write about clean eating soon....be fit videos are in you tube....I follow them & laura london.....please check for their videos in you tube....

      Delete
  2. Sabbu awesome!! i am a regular visitor to ur blog, but have nvr posted.. But this one is truly inspirational.. Good gng.. and am wishign u all the motivation!!!

    ReplyDelete