Saturday 1 June 2013

Do I have time to workout?


Most of the persons I meet ask me how do I get time to workout.....My answer is simple....if you like doing something, you will make time for it....If you are not interested , even if you have enough time, you will not utilize it.

First fact I understood about workout is....If we give an external factor as a reason for not working out, it can be overcome easily. Its solvable.

I hear my friends saying, busy at work, kids are not co-operative, time taken over by other priorities.----If you think deeply, making an hr/day for 4-5 times a week is not a magic. Its all about time management. Just find a solution to come out of whats stopping you. 

If you couldn't find a solution & get started then the factors to be considered are different. They are internal to you & need to find whats missing in you to proceed further.


Here are 4 things that will help not skipping workouts

  1. First thing first. Talk to your family members & make them understand your goal. Without talking/explaining to family members its difficult for us to attain the goal.
  2. Workout in the morning. Try to complete it between 6am-7am. You will never skip it.I workout 5 times a day. My break day is in week days(Monday & Thursday) as week day break helps me manage work & family. (Now I am trying to workout 6 days a week--remember what I said in one of my posts...Its all about progression...)
  3. Plan your workout at least for a week & stick your schedule on a place where you will notice it frequently. Write it by yourself, so that your mind realizes what you have written. Planning means just not writing leg day, Abs day, upper body etc...We need to list out the moves and count/time.
  4. Most of all, keep reading about fitness/clean eating. There are so many role models. Follow them on You tube, FB, Instagram. It will keep you stay focussed about fitness and helps correcting mistakes.

Here is a quick one tip for clean eating
--Never buy/cook an unhealthy food/snack. Nobody in our family needs it(including kids). Do this & see a difference.

After a tough Leg/Thighs workout





No comments:

Post a Comment