Saturday 18 October 2014

What is Beautiful??!!

What is Beautiful??!! - It took me few years to realize what is Beautiful...I am living in a society where Beauty is defined through some standards and the standards vary from time to time.

White skinned women were beautiful and now wheat skinned women are beautiful...Long haired women were beautiful and now short(specifics: not too short) haired women are beautiful...tall/short, big eyes/sharp eyes, skinny/plumpy...the list goes on...

Men and women are influenced by the photo-shopped/camera enhanced figures of models and film actors. The image of real woman faded away.

Traditional women are considered as not intelligent..& women in jeans are considered easy going. Society has fixed the images of women completely based on her outlook..
But what is reality? 

I just realize that women's body is a miracle...It undergoes many changes from a child to puberty to motherhood to menopause to old age...Her body grows babies...Each & every cell of any new baby that is coming into this world is made inside a woman's body. She undergoes the pain...she gains stretch marks and saggy skin...That is the beauty of women's body.

When women's body is miracle, what she is capable of defines the meaning of "powerful". I hate the common funny talks of "...like a girl"...if someone needs to be like a girl they need to be miraculous & powerful. They just didn't realize what they are pointing at as "like a girl"....

During my childhood, without my knowledge I was influenced by right women, The memory just flashes green..

My grandma never went to school but the way she did monthly budgeting like a management expert and handled a family of six - Courage and Clarity are beautiful.

My mom never ate what she likes...she never asked for something beyond what we wanted..she doesn't have any other thoughts other than us...day & night her world revolves around us - Love is beautiful. 

My teachers used to walk to our school in a simple saree with a hand bag in shoulder and a lunch bag  in another hand and lots of thoughts in their mind  - Hard work is beautiful.

Our maid, she is super fast in completing any work but never did an unsatisfying work - Focus is beautiful.

My aunt was the very first lady, I had seen in labor pain. When I woke up in the middle of the night I saw her standing by holding her baby belly and the tears just flowing down her cheeks when they were waiting for the auto-rickshaw to come - Patience is beautiful.

the wife who supports her husband in his business, the sister who studies for younger brother and family, that single mom who spends her life just for her kids - Purpose is beautiful...

I am neither a woman described in epics/literature nor a woman shown in movies. I am a real life woman. I wear the armors of love, strength, courage, energy, focus, purpose and many....and I face my everyday in my own way,

I am beautiful.



No comments:

Post a Comment